Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In My Neighborhood







Grant Park is such a beautiful place in the heart of our neighborhood. Lots of people come and have family picnics. This is a common sight on a Monday afternoon. I used to think this was a malicious act but after a conversation I had the other day I am rethinking it. I spoke with an employee at Home Depot who was talking to me about grills. He actually said that charcoal was biodegradable. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I told him about the petrochemicals in self-lighting charcoal. He honestly had no idea. So now when I see this in our park I know it is because people just are not informed.



Lichens in the waning light of day.













Remains of rampant ivy on the tree on the corner.









Sunset walk, sunset colored hibiscus, marsh mallow.










Crepe paper end of day crumpled flower.









Click on images to enlarge.